Wayman's words....

Three days and 440 kms later we have all arrived safely in Oliver. The group pegged me with the name "Big Ring" today after completing another day using only the upper gears as the front derailer on my bike cracked yesterday morning shortly after leaving Sunshine Valley, past Hope. The hills have been hard enough, but doing them without the lower gears posed an added challenge that I hadn't expected or planned for. A flat tire 20 kms before the end of today had me counting the final kms to our motel in Oliver before flopping exhausted into the pool. An exhausting yet exhilarating experience. that will be remembered not for the hard times but for the great people that made up this team. We couldn't have done this without Tanya's support vehicle and cheerful assistance to our every need along the way; the cheering section provided by Rebecca and her and Andy's kids; the contributions made to the team by each of the riders and the fabulous scenery along the way. I thought I was going on this ride to raise money for a worthwhile cause but am coming away with so much more. Thanks to all who have contributed including each of those who sponsored me on the ride. One more day and 120 kms. Four kind of long days but a life time of memories.